my new speakers makes this wired sound when i plug it in?

saif_1996

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
i have the x-530 logitech speakers and when i plug it in my pc monitor it makes this wired sound that goes like this

'tzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'

its really annoying the only way i can do to avoid this sound i have to decrease the volume threw my speakers but the problem is its hard to hear

i think i have to change some setting in the sound properties but how?

oczdude8

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
try pluggin your speakers in a different power outlet.

if that doesn't work, its because there is a short circuit on your monitor/computer.

try plugging the speakers into your pc instead of your monitor, which is what you should be doing, since you are using a 5.1 channel system while your monitor probably supports up to 2.1

saif_1996

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

how can i tell if its running 5.1 or 2.1

i think my monitor is running 5.1 but how to make sure?

no worries used the alienware audio and it worked! it sounds amazing!

oczdude8

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
you need to plug in 3 different wires from the speaker system to your computer. If you monitor only has 1 plug it is 100% 2.1 channel sound.

Thee should be a green,black, and orange cable coming from your sound system and all of them need to be plugged in

read manual:http://logitech-en-emea.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/382880/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzc3MDk3NzA4L3NpZC8qbDNZb2t5bA==/filename/x530_Manual_AMR.pdf

AARental

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Just like oczdude8 said, change your power source to another outlet (maybe the bottom outlet). It seems to me that there is a grounding issue with your speakers. That "tzzzz" sound it seems more than likely a electrical signal that is not going where it is supposed to. If your power source is grounded then the issue lies with the speakers them-self. Make sure there are no loose wires or connections on the device. If everything does checkout then the issue should lie with the manufacturer. Take up the issue with them if you are under warranty.

Ben
Lead Tech, AA Rental