My Next book Tablet Won't Connect To WiFi Or Bluetooth

relhall

Prominent
Mar 19, 2018
So I got my nextbook tablet (I believe it's an Ares 8) in May of 2017. It was fine until August I believe like the beginning. In July it would drop the wifi connection out of nowhere and then in August it completely stopped connecting to all wifi and Bluetooth. When I try to turn on the wifi it says turning on wifi. . . But it never searches for any connections and definitely doesn't connect at all and the Bluetooth now won't come on at all either. I tried a factory reset but that didn't help at all. I keep trying to do a hard reset but it doesn't end up going to the screen to hard reset my tablet. I don't know what I can do now and because my receipt is long gone even though I bought a protection plan from Walmart, since I don't have the receipt anymore I can't get help from them. What should I do now?

Solution
NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, and if the table is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.

1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the tablet.

6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you...
NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, and if the table is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.

1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the tablet.

6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you have a plan with data through your tablet). If you don't make sure it is turned off, the device can keep trying to switch to "Data" when you try and use "WiFi".

7. Now, if you are still having the problem at this point, and you are sure it isn't the modem/router that is the problem. Then you may wish to try a "Hard Reset" of the device. However, I really suggest saving this as a last option (or last before parts repair/replacement).

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

Solution
Nov 7, 2018

Jan 9, 2019

tarajean0603:
i have a nextbook ares 10A and have been reading threads til my eyes cross and racking my brain to figure out the problem I had which was wifi turning on with no networks found and bluetooth not turning on AT ALL... I tried EVERYTHING listed, countless resets, resetting routers (which caused many upsets to my significant other when his wifi dropped :/ ) and i literally 10 minutes ago saw that the back cover was just a bit unfastened, so I asked him "does this back cover come off??? (i had no idea you could get to the inside of these things) So I thought I would take a peak, everything seemed ok, a little dust so i gaver some hard puffs in all the holes and under things that seemed to have any space in between like a couple of the ribbons inside and so I pushed those down a bit and i also wiggled very slightly the red and black twisted cord down the side and made sure it was all in line and gave a little touch to push in where these things seemed to connect to other things, I put the back back on not expecting much and lo and behold, the wifi started right up and picked up probably 10 networks in our complex, along with my laptops wifi direct.......and the the bluetooth.....perfect connection!!!! Now a lot of people will probably advise against this, maybe it was dumb luck, maybe a coincidence but for me IT WORKED LIKE A NEW TABLET, I still had to get close to the router for connection to the network but after that, internet was up and going FINE. My advice to this is mostly though, dont get rough with it, when i blew on it and everything I touched I done very gently and moved nothing out of its place. I really hope this helps someone because myself and mine have spent soooooo much time and frustration on this problem and have had this tablet months unable to use it.

PS And of course I only figured this out the day before he is trading it to a home theater (yep, men and their need for unnecessarily loud media volume right?!?)

TRENDING THREADS