my okyo av receiver sr-508 stops giving me sounds through my speakers but its still on

Solution
If you have an antenna connected to the receiver try the radio as your source. That eliminates any of the external sources or receiver set up as the problem.
Is the receiver in protection? That would be indicated on the display? Disconnect the speakers and see if the receiver comes on normally. That would indicate that either a shorted speaker wire or bad speaker is you problem. if not then the problem is in the receiver. Warranty time.
Do the speakers work on another stereo? That would eliminate them as the problem.
If you have an antenna connected to the receiver try the radio as your source. That eliminates any of the external sources or receiver set up as the problem.
Is the receiver in protection? That would be indicated on the display? Disconnect the speakers and see if the receiver comes on normally. That would indicate that either a shorted speaker wire or bad speaker is you problem. if not then the problem is in the receiver. Warranty time.
Do the speakers work on another stereo? That would eliminate them as the problem.

Solution