Solved! My old Logitech Z323 computer speakers/subwoofer w new computer

Jul 28, 2019
Hi. My old Logitech Z323 speakers and subwoofer no longer offer any controls except volume when installed on my new-ish Lenovo 510 desktop with Win 10. Realtek audio drivers are installed by Win 10. I don't care for them. But Logitech no longer offers drivers for my set. What can I do other than live with the Realtek audio driver Win10 installs? I expect that my speakers would sound better with different audio drivers, plus I'd love some control of them beyond volume! Fade, bass, etc. Note: These have speaker inputs, so they're not Bluetooth or USB installed. TIA for any and all suggestions (other than buy new speakers/subwoofer. Not an option right now.)

Kathy

Solution
Hi. My old Logitech Z323 speakers and subwoofer no longer offer any controls except volume when installed on my new-ish Lenovo 510 desktop with Win 10. Realtek audio drivers are installed by Win 10. I don't care for them. But Logitech no longer offers drivers for my set. What can I do other than live with the Realtek audio driver Win10 installs? I expect that my speakers would sound better with different audio drivers, plus I'd love some control of them beyond volume! Fade, bass, etc. Note: These have speaker inputs, so they're not Bluetooth or USB installed. TIA for any and all suggestions (other than buy new speakers/subwoofer. Not an option right now.)

Kathy

Those are standard speakers with analog 3.5mm connections, the...

Kathy

Those are standard speakers with analog 3.5mm connections, the controls you get for the volume have nothing to do with drivers for the speakers. The speakers don't use any drivers. The controls you have for audio come from the sound card drivers you have. You should have those with the drivers or look in the Windows options for audio if not the Realtek software. Go through the tabs and options, maybe there is an Advanced one you missed.

Can also check on some things here https://www.thewindowsclub.com/audio-equalizers-for-windows

Reactions: KathyOnOB
Solution
Jul 28, 2019
Those are standard speakers with analog 3.5mm connections, the controls you get for the volume have nothing to do with drivers for the speakers. The speakers don't use any drivers. The controls you have for audio come from the sound card drivers you have. You should have those with the drivers or look in the Windows options for audio if not the Realtek software. Go through the tabs and options, maybe there is an Advanced one you missed.

Can also check on some things here https://www.thewindowsclub.com/audio-equalizers-for-windows
I just can't thank you enough! I appreciate your explaining to me how this all works. Duh. Sorry I didn't know before but I'm thrilled to understand it and know it now! I was able to use your information to get the Realtek HD Audio Manager and everything is working (and sounding) beautifully now! You made my day! My year! Thanks again! :) Kathy

Reactions: Ann@Monto

TRENDING THREADS