My OLED TV is making me want a MicroLED screen now — here’s why

DarkMeso

Prominent
May 16, 2021
I'd say totally misleading article. Your seem have a problem with your TV software not with OLED as a technology. And seriously why in the world would you use an OLED as a lamp - that's just stupid and a blatant misuse or at the least a misunderstanding of OLED tech. A LED strip would provide more light and costs next to nothing and would be a much more appropriate lamp than a thousand dollar piece of equipment.

May 16, 2021
Unfortunately Samsung still won’t support Dolby Vision. I understand they’re trying to promote their alternative format but I think that ship’s sailed. There’s no reason they can’t support all the formats including their own, other companies do that.

That’s too bad because they make good products, but there’s no way I’m going to invest in their micro or mini LED displays until they do. I don’t understand why they have to be so stubborn about this? Please take my money and give me what I want.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021
I'd say totally misleading article. Your seem have a problem with your TV software not with OLED as a technology. And seriously why in the world would you use an OLED as a lamp - that's just stupid and a blatant misuse or at the least a misunderstanding of OLED tech. A LED strip would provide more light and costs next to nothing and would be a much more appropriate lamp than a thousand dollar piece of equipment.

It seems kind of odd though. I’ve been very happy with my LGOLED which is got a few years in over 10,000 hours on it. I’m sure there’s degradation in the pixels and other issues but not anything perceptible to my eyes. Even after all those years and thousands of hours it’s still impresses everyone who watches movies especially anything in Dolby Vision.

And as I said in my next post here there’s no way I’m buying a Samsung anything until they support Dolby Vision.