My Olevia LCD TV won't power on.

brokentvpains

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
So, I bought an Olevia LCD TV in 2008, and It's been working normally until today, when It wouldn't register the HDMI. I attempted to change sources and then change back to HDMI, and turn off the TV, because that's fixed the issue in the past, but it didn't help. I decided to check and see if the power cable was fastened, so I moved it around with my hands and heard a sharp jolt sound coming from the port. I took the power cable out, and plugged it back in, and now It won't turn on or display any lights.

I forgot to unplug my tv before messing around with the power cable, so I'm pretty sure that's the culprit. Is there any way to fix the tv? is it the power supply, or something simple? I've tried two different cables, and neither power it on.

Thanks!

Solution
Agreed. After seven years of good service, my Olevia 232T gave out and would not power on any longer. I took it to a shop and they told me it was $70 just for them to look at it:

$35 to look if it was reparable.
$35 deposit for recycling if not.
(Note: If it was reparable, the $35 Recycle deposit would go towards the repair bill).

For $50 more, I got a brand new HDTV (same specs, though: 32" 720p), but I'm 95% certain the repair of my old TV would have cost more.

-Wolf sends
Agreed. After seven years of good service, my Olevia 232T gave out and would not power on any longer. I took it to a shop and they told me it was $70 just for them to look at it:

$35 to look if it was reparable.
$35 deposit for recycling if not.
(Note: If it was reparable, the $35 Recycle deposit would go towards the repair bill).

For $50 more, I got a brand new HDTV (same specs, though: 32" 720p), but I'm 95% certain the repair of my old TV would have cost more.

-Wolf sends

Solution