My phone did a factory reset. Now I can't access my photos on my SD card. How do I retrieve them. They are very important pict

MommaDB

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
My phone did a factory reset. Now i can't access the photos on my SD card. How do I retrieve them? They are very important pictures. Please help me!!!

Solution
Well it is going to depend on how your card and your phone were set up before.

If you had the card set up as "Internal" storage then you may well not be able to get anything off the card now. When that change is made, the card becomes encoded to that one device. When you reset that device, you remove the connection, making the data on the card unreadable.

Try pulling the SD card out, restart the phone and then put the card back in. With some luck, it will be able to read it again. However, if it can't, or it asks you to format it, then you won't be able to access the data.

One should always pull out any SIM and SD card before doing a "Factory Reset" or a "Hard Reset".
Well it is going to depend on how your card and your phone were set up before.

If you had the card set up as "Internal" storage then you may well not be able to get anything off the card now. When that change is made, the card becomes encoded to that one device. When you reset that device, you remove the connection, making the data on the card unreadable.

Try pulling the SD card out, restart the phone and then put the card back in. With some luck, it will be able to read it again. However, if it can't, or it asks you to format it, then you won't be able to access the data.

One should always pull out any SIM and SD card before doing a "Factory Reset" or a "Hard Reset".

Solution