My RCA tablet won't turn on. What do I do?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsbuys

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016

bnjmnalan

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

bnjmnalan

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
I get the same thing - I've tried starting it several times with the volume buttons but all I get is an empty battery logo with an exclamation point. Plugging in the charger for several hours doesn't change it.

Sugarglide

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
FACTORY RESETTING YOUR RCA TABLET MODEL: RCT6077W2..

My tablet wouldn't come on so I pushed the reset button on the top left corner on the back of tablet with a push pin and the tablet came on. I then went into SETTINGS - BACKUP & RESET AND THEN FACTORY DATA RESET.

Katrina_4

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
Daughter's tablet was charging and tokk it off of charger because it was charged, but it died and now it won't charge and i tried pressing the reset button nothing worked. I also tried to do the power button witb the volume button up and it give me a triangle with a ! mark in the middle of the yellow triangle, so i am wondering how or what i can do to make it work again.

Megoman

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
1st try using a different charger if you have one. If that doesn't work try charging from a computer. Don't ask me why but sometimes it will only charge off a computer sometimes. Also try to look for the reset button. It should be a small hole you need to press with a paper clip. Press that when trying to turn on. There are lots of small tricks for RCAs, if nothing works you can call RCA's help desk. Their tablets come with a 1year warranty.

Mercenary1998

Commendable
May 10, 2016

It is a faulty connection caused by a drop or the cheap manufacturing of the battery connection to the logic board. Not really worth the fix, contact RCA.

Anonymous_694

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
I've had this same problem with my RCA tablet. What worked for me is that there is a tiny reset button on the back of the tablet. Take a paper clip or similar and push it gently in the reset hole until you can feel the button itself click down. Hold it down for one second, take out the paper clip, hold down the power button until the RCA logo (and the dogs) appear on the screen. There! You're all set. NOTE: This method will NOT delete any apps or data on your tablet.

Mona__

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015

I tried above but volume button won't scroll. Any suggestions?

Kngro360

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016

Kngro360

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
I tried the volume & power button got to the screen with all the options followed the instructions like you guys are saying but my tablet still not working. What else can I do to fix it?

Neva__

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
I just took a needle and stuck it in the back of the tablet where it says reset and pressed it and then I pressed the power button and it came back on. Thanks for yalls help.

Mona__

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015

Tried that.

Tanya_7

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

Tanya_7

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Thank you thank you thank you! The power button and volume down buttons worked. I thought this tablet was a complete goner! It hasn't worked in over a year until now.

D white

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.