My Rode NT1 sounds sooooooo terrible.. Im new at recording professuinally and i was soo excited to hook it up.. its been days

Ali_242

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
My Rode NT1 sounds sooooooo terrible.. Im new at recording professuinally and i was soo excited to hook it up.. its been days and it still sounds like a fuzzy distorted garbagy mess!!! HELP!! im using 2nd gen sccarlett solo

Ali_242

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017

I'm using a focusrite Scarlett solo 2nd gen as my usb interface. I solved the issue of the distortion by updated some drivers and such. Howvever do u know of any good ways of improving sound quality and getting it louder without all the background noise? I have it on a mic stand. I'm going to invest in some sound proofing equipment and a shield soon

RealBinary

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017

I am having the same issue with the exact same hardware. I am in a very quiet room though, and i have sound proofing tiles all over the place, but in discord/skype, or when professionally recording, i get terrible audio quality and my friends request that i switch to my crappy gaming headset. Any advice from OP or guy who answered?

EtienneD

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
The scarlet has a driver that can help with the routing through a daw or something like this while recording. I'm thinking your computer isn't recognising the Scarlett as a interface that can input audio. The NT1 requires Phantom power to work, +48v if you didn't know. So if the switch of the phantom power isn't engaged, it probably means that the NT1 isn't even used.

Scarlet is really plug and play kinda interface. Plug your scarlet, open 48v after connecting your mic (It could do bad thing to your mic if you open the 48v before, but heh, it's more a myth than anything else imo, you need to be really unlucky to break a mic cause of 48v short circuiting into the ground of the mic and wrecking the diaphragm) Then in your daw select you scarlet as input and output if you have headphones or stuff like this plugged in you scarlet, select the scarlet. Do your gain with your scarlet and listen to it and look at the meters in your daw so you don't saturate your sound. and that's it. After that record