Question My router lan port downloading without connecting to it

May 16, 2020
Hi guys,
I've been having over usage problems with my net connection, without really using the net. ( My net package subscription used to be more than enough for my usage per month). Lately after subscribing to a different net company ( giving me also a new router modem), my package lasts for half a month. I disconnected all devices and changed passwords with no difference.today i entered the log of the router to see which lan port is the one consuming. Surprisingly i found an empty lan port consuming more gegabytes than both my used lan ports.. I am using lan port 2 & 3 only. Lan port 1& 4 are empty,but lan port 4 is showing download counter numbers with no uploads. I reset all counters to recheck. Lan 4 started to show again.

How could this lan be downloading without connecting to anything?
Unfortunately i don't have an old modem to connect,so I'm willing to buy a new modem instead of this company's one( could the net company be the one to do this to finish my package early?)

Please advise...Thank you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 10