My Samsung tablet won't turn on!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarinSanao

Estimable
May 25, 2014
I've had my tablet charging for over an hour now and it won't turn on. It doesn't even show the battery charging loading screen. I've held down on the power button for long periods of time but it ends up as just a black screen. I don't know what to do :(... My parents are gonna kill me if they know my tablets not working.

Flavia_1

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
Hi!! My tablet had the same problem, so I just conected it in the computer and then a conected in the charger again. Now it works! Thanks for your help, people!! =D

Leona4242

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
It's alive!
IT'S ALIVE!
Thank you guys. All the solutions I found elsewhere on the web were related to things which I'm sure would have voided the warranty. As it is, simply plugging it in to charge and holding the power on/off and volume down for a few seconds (about ten for me but it may take a little longer) and IT'S ALIVE!

On a related note, anyone know what caused this? I've done nothing to trigger it as far as I can tell. Read a little bit on the Kindle app, then Anno 2205 asteroid miner (companion app to a little known PC series) then put it down for a few hours while playing said game and when I came back to it a few moments ago, dead. No response.

Terri_0777

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
OK this is weird, My nextbook and android phone would not turn on. Even when I hooked it up to the charger the screen didn't light up. they both were working this morning and one was at 48% and the other at 68% I tried holding the power button down on both nothing then all of the sudden they both lit up like nothing was wrong.
Could Android have been up dating or something????

fruitloop85

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
i tried all the tips pf pressing power button so long pressing power and volume both up and tired down tried 4 different leads all new and genuine samsung cables still nothing threw mains or usb on computer i wasnt going to even attempt taking it apart to try the ribbons method i only brought the kids tab 3 for my daughter last christmas?? then i seen one post on here everyones over looked and not commented about that if you have a look at the power button to volume the power button can get stuck in from last time it was pressed BINGO it was push the screen in gentley by the power button it pops out :) however it still didnt charge so no it was out i plugged it in mains got nothing so held power and down volume screen liights up black and nothing else so unplugged it swapped to usb on laptop WOOOOOOOOO showing charging screen thank you for that one helpful tip x

talon1812

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011

I fixed a friends Galaxy Tab 3. Apparently, you have to get the back of the tablet off and remove the ribbon connector to the battery. Completely disconnect it and leave it off for an hour or so. Then, reconnect.
I had to use a sharp knife to pry the back off, but it can be done. Just be careful. Credit cards and guitar picks are too thick to get between the screen and the case. Also, I found that a generic charging cable wouldn't work. Fortunately, I had a Samsung charger for my Galaxy Note Edge.

Hasan Tahsin

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016

That worked for me! Thank you.

Mike82783

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
I had the exact same issue with my tablet and I was scared it was gone forever. However if you hold down the power button and the volume button down it turns on again - I dont know why. Hope this helps :)

Dandydan333

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
Thanks to Mike82783 and others... I just tried holding the power and pressing down volume (momentarily) at the same time and it worked! Was about to wait 2 days to take to Repair center...

sambojules135

Estimable
Feb 7, 2016
I was panicking and thanks so much for the advice as it worked ! I had lost the guarantee too.
Hold down the volume down and the power buttons together for about 10 seconds and the percent meter will appear. Make sure it is plugged in and you're set. Thanks again people.

Terry_24

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016

yup just fixed my tab s this forum has saved a load of money for us guys..big thanks

Terry_24

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016

Maintenance_1

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016
I was so glad I found this forum!!! Saved my tablet... I have it in a case and I dropped it a few inches to the sidewalk and of course it marred up the only thing NOT protected .. the corner LOL Well long story short I saw on here where someone said press the glass near the power button.... the frame near the power button had come unsnapped and prevented the power button from working properly so it basically killed the battery and it wouldn't charge because the power button was pushed in and upon closer look I saw why. Snapped the frame back down plugged it into a wall charger and VIOLA... battery light comes on and it's charging again which means it's working!! HUGE Thanks to you guys for helping me out here...

I guess it doesn't take much and a small problem can be huge with these... I have a 10.1 2014 Note so it's still well worth saving!

Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

brittkwa

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
I just tried this trick and it worked great. Basically, your tablet's battery has completely drained, while the motherboard still has some power, and that stops that battery from charging.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/pro-tip-revive-your-samsung-galaxy-tab-when-the-battery-has-completely-drained/

Angela_18

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

IchinoseKitty123

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
I have a Samsung Tablet S and today while it was charging, I took it, unlocked it, and opened an app, which glitched out. My tablet then turned off and will not turn on. I desperately need help as important files are on it! Please help!

wonderful1

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016

Gwenda

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016

Mrshamlet

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
I haven't turned my tab on for probably over a year (I had forgotten where I'd left it...) when I plugged it in it did nothing so I came on here... It took a few goes but holding down both the volume up and down and the power on for about 20 secs it finally showed some life!! Thanks for the suggestions!

atty

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
I, too have a QJO Q7, but I am unable to locate the charger, which I believe is a 2.5mm/.7mm A/C version. I am not getting anything from the multiple button fix, so I am wondering if the Q7 will charge through the Micro USB port, or does it have to have the A/C charger?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.