my samsung tv powers up

brad gyde

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
My samsung tv powers up but flashes a quick white light and shows just a black screen. Doesnt show anything. And blinks the red reciver light in 3's. What could it be?? Help!! I only recently got the tv and would really like to actually be able to use it. Not in warranty as was given to by a friend. Is this fixable and if so how much?

Solution
Take it to an electronics repairer. I don't know what country you live but for example here in Australia there's a company called Impulse Electronics. They repair all sorts of stuff like DVD/Bluray players, AVR's, TVs - LED/Plasma, they even repaired my Subwoofer soldering a new circuit board.

You should have something near you. The sub cost me $140 to repair, not bad since the thing cost me $1100 :)

markwp

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Sounds like capacitor issues on the power supply board. You can visually check for potential problems by looking at the electrolytic caps and watchung for buldged tops. Radio Shack will have replacements and a DIY repair (assuming the caps are the issue) should run you about $10 for the parts (replace all of caps).

AS an example, THIS is a good video on youtube to give you the idea.

Worth a look before you take it to a shop for a $500 repair to do the same thing.

boju

Distinguished
Take it to an electronics repairer. I don't know what country you live but for example here in Australia there's a company called Impulse Electronics. They repair all sorts of stuff like DVD/Bluray players, AVR's, TVs - LED/Plasma, they even repaired my Subwoofer soldering a new circuit board.

You should have something near you. The sub cost me $140 to repair, not bad since the thing cost me $1100 :)

Solution