My samusng NC10 screen goes white when I turn up the brightness

yvonneo

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Screen goes all white if brightness is turned up past 3 or 4 bars, and sometimes whites out even when set on lower setting. Very annoying. Suggestions? Expensive to fix?

Thanks in advance for your help out there.

kavlito

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

I had the same problem about a year after purchasing my NC10. (after warranty)

I'm a PC Tech, so I attempted to fix it myself. I replaced the cable that connects the display to the motherboard. ($15 cable)

I was then able to turn the screen brightness all the way up (before that I could only go to 3).

However, that lasted 2 weeks tops. Now it's back to the same as before.

I may try changing the Inverter depending on how much it costs.

PS: For anyone who has this problem, when you're booting up with the power cord plugged in, the screen will be white. If you have a password on your user account, you won't be able to log in due to the white screen. Also, you cannot adjust the brightness until after logging in to Windows. What works for me is to unplug the power cable before booting up. That way your NC10 will boot up in battery power mode with the screen brightness reduced so that you can log in. After booting into Windows completely, you can plug the power cord back in which will make the screen turn white, but you can now reduce the brightness with the Function keys.