My Sharp 55" 4K UHD HDR LED Roku Smart TV (LC-55LBU591C) is dull below eye lvl why is that,?

SoildRage

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
I have the TV above the fireplace, go to watch Netflix with HDR or 4k or play games on the ps4 when I sit down the picture is grey/dull but as soon as I stand the colors pop. I hope it's not normal, because this is the only place in can out the tv. Is the tv going? I have a 5 year warranty.

Solution
There are three main types of panels used for TV/monitors: TN, VA and IPS.

IPS has the widest viewing angles, TN has the worst and VA is in the middle. However, VA has the greatest contrast ratio of the three.

When you view a TN or VA pannel at angles outside the sweet spot, you get color shift and reduced saturation.

If your TV is based on a VA panel, then the dull image would be normal. Adjust your TV's tilt to point down until the sweet spot is where you normally watch from. If your wall mount doesn't do tilt or not enough of it, then you may need a different mount or need to adjust it some other way.

InvalidError

Distinguished
There are three main types of panels used for TV/monitors: TN, VA and IPS.

IPS has the widest viewing angles, TN has the worst and VA is in the middle. However, VA has the greatest contrast ratio of the three.

When you view a TN or VA pannel at angles outside the sweet spot, you get color shift and reduced saturation.

If your TV is based on a VA panel, then the dull image would be normal. Adjust your TV's tilt to point down until the sweet spot is where you normally watch from. If your wall mount doesn't do tilt or not enough of it, then you may need a different mount or need to adjust it some other way.

Solution