Solved! my sony smart tv doesnt show the mass storage device in the same way as my pc does

Dec 31, 2018
I have put my movie files into 'major' files ie kids movies, tv series etcon my external elements hard drive but when i go to watch them through the tv input it shows them as individual listings rather than the file titles (kids movies etc)

Solution
TVs don't work the same way as computers, your model does not seem to know how to deal with directories. Those "major files" you are talking about are called directories or folders. Depending on how many files you have, you may be able to sort things by renaming the files with a prefix fake digit or letter, so put a 1 in front of one category, then a 2 for another, that way when the TV looks at the files they will all be sorted with that number first before the name.
TVs don't work the same way as computers, your model does not seem to know how to deal with directories. Those "major files" you are talking about are called directories or folders. Depending on how many files you have, you may be able to sort things by renaming the files with a prefix fake digit or letter, so put a 1 in front of one category, then a 2 for another, that way when the TV looks at the files they will all be sorted with that number first before the name.

Solution