My toshhiba l645 laptop won't show anything its screen remains black but fan runs and lights are ON

akhtartauqeer

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
my laptop boots or not i don't know but it's screen remains black. i tried removing battery and holding power button and then booting but it didn't help. only the lights remains on.. at first click of power button fan starts and at second click capslock lights gets on but nothing on screen. i tried changing ram but at first boot computer started normal with new ram then i shutdown and now the computer doesn't starts with new ram even... both ram works fine on other computer. i can't understand the issue please help with possible solutions.....

Does the laptop work with an external monitor? A trick I use is to turn it on with the monitor attached then close the screen soon as you turn it on, it should detect the external screen as the main display. You'll need a keyboard/mouse for this. If you get no display on an external monitor either, it's very likely the motherboard that is bad and not the screen.

RobWHS

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014
1. Software - Try Fn + F5

2. Electrical - Remove battery, unplug power, hold power button for 60 seconds, turn on computer with power plug only, then shut down, add battery and restart