my toshiba laptop is charging , when i press the power button, the charging and the power light turn off and wont start my laptop ..
I tried everything like plugging out my charging cable and hold the power button down for 20 and 60 secs but it just won't work.
after doing that, I plug in the charging cable and there's the charging cable light on, so when I press the power button, it lights on for 2 secs and then it's gone and back to the charging cable light on. please help me! I needed for my project
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.