My toshiba laptop won't goes past the boot page

OllypouXD

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
When I turn on my laptop it comes up with BOOT FAILED. REALTEK PXE B01 D00. And it then takes me to the boot menu I don't know what to do

Solution
Your hard drive may have failed. PXE refers to the Ethernet port; the computer cannot detect another device to boot from (such as a hard drive with Windows installed), so it is looking at the PXE device and then seeing it cannot boot from that either, thus you get the error.

Does your hard drive appear anywhere in that boot menu? If not, you may need to replace it. If it does, you can try some Windows diagnostics/repair utilities, but if they don't work, you may be stuck with needing Windows reinstalled.
Your hard drive may have failed. PXE refers to the Ethernet port; the computer cannot detect another device to boot from (such as a hard drive with Windows installed), so it is looking at the PXE device and then seeing it cannot boot from that either, thus you get the error.

Does your hard drive appear anywhere in that boot menu? If not, you may need to replace it. If it does, you can try some Windows diagnostics/repair utilities, but if they don't work, you may be stuck with needing Windows reinstalled.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS