My Toshiba satellite laptop will not boot past the "Toshiba leading innovation" screen, I'm in need of immediate assistance!!

Devonte Crawford

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
My Toshiba satellite laptop (model number PSLC8U-03701Q) will not boot past the "Toshiba leading innovation" screen, it's about 5 years old and it is suppose to boot from a USB but now since I can't get past the leading innovation screen I can't change it and at the bottom it says press F2 go to Setup Utility, F12 go to Boot Manager. I tried both but neither one works.

After awhile of freezing on the "leading innovation screen" it cuts off after about 5 mins, if anyone could help, you could either answer it here or send the answer to my email for a faster response: EDIT: Email removed by Moderator

Solution
Sounds like the cmos battery is dying/dead. Should be easy to replace - the coin cell battery is readily available (Walmart, etc) for a couple bucks. See THIS for directions.

markwp

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Sounds like the cmos battery is dying/dead. Should be easy to replace - the coin cell battery is readily available (Walmart, etc) for a couple bucks. See THIS for directions.

Solution