My turtle beach headphones work, but not the mic!?

Lime_1

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
I recently purchased a turtle beach headset from GAME.com and the sound works perfectly, but the microphone doesn't. It has 1 wire, the green one when i plug in the green slot, though it didn't come with a pink one. I used my other set which had a USB port instead and it worked. Is there a way to use the green jack instead of the pink, and have the headset still work?

Solution
Look at the plug on your new turtlebeach headphones: how many black rings do you see?

Plugs are different: Google "TR, TRS, TRSS". Determine which plug is on the headsets.

Try the new headphones on other systems to see if the microphone works there.

Could be driver issue. Go to the manufacturer's website to find and download the newest driver.

In any case try to establish if the microphone physically works or perhaps is defective and need to be returned.

Look at the plug on your new turtlebeach headphones: how many black rings do you see?

Plugs are different: Google "TR, TRS, TRSS". Determine which plug is on the headsets.

Try the new headphones on other systems to see if the microphone works there.

Could be driver issue. Go to the manufacturer's website to find and download the newest driver.

In any case try to establish if the microphone physically works or perhaps is defective and need to be returned.

Solution
Hello. If your headset has only a green cable, then it probably doesn't have any mic at all. How many rings does the green connector have? If it has only two rings, then these are stereo headphones only, there is no microphone.

catsarecute858

Estimable
Jun 21, 2015
welll watch videos before you buy did you buy the recon 50x give us a model theirs a billion turtle beach headset and your computer jack needs to be a combo jack ok so that its 1 3.5 mm jack which is both mic and audio most labtops ahve this but some old computers arent combo so you will have to buy a y splitter adapter plug the cable in the adapter and it will split to audio and mic green and pink if you got the recon 50 then the adapter would have came with it

Sep 28, 2018
OK. I FOUND AN ANSWER ON MY OWN THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN.

Now, this is just the stupidest crap I've ever seen, but hopefully, some people will find this helpful.

I started a game while using my PX22's, and suddenly my mic stopped working. After half an hour of troubleshooting,
I found out that for some reason it turned the microphone levels down to 0.

FIX: Right click audio > Sounds > Recording > PX22 Microphone > Properties > Levels > Bring it up to 100 and apply

Probably not the issue for most people, but if this helped you, you're welcome.