my TV can't see my PC

Dinnea

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
I connected my new PC to my TV screen (as I don't have money to buy a monitor yet) with a HDMI cable, but the TV won't see it. I tried different cables and both HDMI ports on my TV, but nothing helps. What should I do?

Solution
The order you boot the PC and select the input on the TV can affect how they "handshake" with each other.
Sometimes you need to select the input and then boot the PC. Othertimes the reverse. It might take up to 10 seconds for the TV to lock onto the PC.
If the video settings on the PC are higher than the TV can handle you will get an error message or nothing at all. Borrow a monitor and try changing the resolution to match the TV.
The order you boot the PC and select the input on the TV can affect how they "handshake" with each other.
Sometimes you need to select the input and then boot the PC. Othertimes the reverse. It might take up to 10 seconds for the TV to lock onto the PC.
If the video settings on the PC are higher than the TV can handle you will get an error message or nothing at all. Borrow a monitor and try changing the resolution to match the TV.

Solution