My tv is connected to a receiver via optical cable but no sound on my surround sound

Rick McCall

Estimable
Feb 9, 2015
My JVC TV is connected via HDMI cable to a Comcast box. I have an optical cable connected from the TV to a JVC audio receiver - but unable to receive any sound from my surround sound and each speaker is wired to the receiver. I can however receive sound with fm?

On most surround receivers you have to either use the input setup menu to assign the optical digital input or use a button on the receiver to set the optical input as the one you want to use with the input you are one.
Also check the TV audio menu to make sure that the output is compatible with the receiver.

getochkn

Splendid
Is your TV set to output sound via the optical jack? Are use using PCM or RAW output? does your receiver allow PCM or RAW or what you are outputting? Is optical enabled in the receiver.

What receiver model and what TV model. Need more info.

On most surround receivers you have to either use the input setup menu to assign the optical digital input or use a button on the receiver to set the optical input as the one you want to use with the input you are one.
Also check the TV audio menu to make sure that the output is compatible with the receiver.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 2
sjwilliamsjr Audio 3
M Audio 1
A Audio 1
I Audio 1
F Audio 1
J Audio 9
J Audio 1
J Audio 3
caseykallday Audio 1
M Audio 2
G Audio 1
T Audio 2
A Audio 3
R Audio 1
N Audio 2
King Mustard Audio 1
M Audio 8
T Audio 3
T Audio 7
Similar threads
Question Connect speakers to receiver with turntable
Question How to connect Yamaha receiver to powered amp with rca inputs
Question AV receiver not decoding HD audio from PC over HDMI connection
Question How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Question PC Build Complete! Last problem is connecting 5.1 to my old A/V receiver and 4k TV.
Question Trying to figure out how to connect an equalizer to my A/V receiver.
Question How do I connect an older Yamaha AV receiver with no optical or HDMI, only RCA, to my TV and able to play sounds.
Solved! How to get my lg magic remote to control my sony stereo receiver connected through optical cable
is connecting my TV optical out to Analog Receiver's Phono Input a bad idea?
connecting HDMI arc or optical output from TV to receiver and speakers with RCA output trouble
How to Connect Vizio M50-E1 and Yamaha Receiver RX-V483
How to connect Onkyo receiver with optical wire to Sanyo t.v. with no optical. Receiver has no hdmi.
Any cinema receiver with a optical out could I use it to connect to my Yamaha ysp 5100 sound bar for 5.1 ?
What connector do I need to connect S/PDIF out from NEXBOX A95X to optical SPDIF on my Onkyo HT receiver,
I'm trying to connect an LG smart rv to a jvc DS TP100 receiver. I have the optical cable output port on the tv. I need to co
Wireless headphones with receiver that use toslink(optical) connection?
Connected PC to AV receiver via. optical, only stereo available
How to connect older Kenwood a/v receiver 5.1 surround sound system with no hdmi or optical audio inputs, only has RCA connect
How do you connect a digital optical cable from a PC to a a/v receiver?
I have the LG lf6000 TV and I have an optical out port but need to connect older stereo receiver with two tower speakers to it

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS