My Windows laptop won't boot and keeps crashing...

ginaxoxo

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
I was on my computer last night and it froze. It was frozen for a while so I did what I'm not supposed to do and I shut it down by holding in the power button. I tried to turn it back on, it goes to the black screen where it says start windows normally and all of that. Whatever I press, it starts to load..I see the windows logo and then very quickly a blue screen pops up and it crashes, all to restart again and do the same thing. I really need help. this is my school computer and I need it.

thank you so much

Sammyjo20

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015

Alright well there defiantly seems to be something corrupted. Here is how to boot into "System Repair"

1. Turn on your PC and rapidly press F8 until the options appear.

2. Select "Repair My Computer" and wait for it to load.

3. Type in your user password if you have one and select the language (if you can)

4. Click "Command Prompt" and type in: sfc /scannow *This will replace any corrupted files on your Laptop with new ones.

5. After it has ran fully, click "Startup Repair"

Hope this helps mate.

- Sam

ginaxoxo

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015

Thanks sam so much for you help. After I pressed sfc /scannow it said to reboot and restart my computer or something like that. "there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. restart windows and run sfc again." but I decided to go click on startup repair anyways. it said startup repair can not repair this computer automatically. if I restart my computer it will just crash again. and I don't know how to run sfc again. thanks so much