My youtube channel in google search result shows incorrect thumbnail

btr999

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
This began like a month ago and continues. I have a youtube channel which I uploaded my gaming video and streaming sometimes. If people google my IGN, my youtube channel will show up. A friend of mine told me my photo is shown as the thumbnail of my youtube channel in the search result. I checked and it was an old photo of me taken like 6 years ago and I never have it uploaded to youtube or google. I don't even have the original photo now.
I used the google remove content link and had the thumbnail removed like 7 times. But everytime it was removed, few days later it showed up again. I have cheked multiple times of my google and youtube account, there is no trace of this photo.
Also, I created my youtube channel 3 years ago and this photo never showed up until recently.

Any idea why does this happen and how should I permanently fix it? (no termination of accounts please)

Any constructive ideas are welcomed and appreciated.

btr999

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

The photo was taken a few years back with iPhone 4 and the phone probably no longer exists. I don't use google circle nor did I upload the photo to google. I am now using an adroid operated phone but this photo has never been uploaded to this phone. In fact, I hadn't seen this photo for years. I almost forgot I took it until it showed up on my google search result.

btr999

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

I did but they denied my request twice. And the thumbnail reappeared few days after it was removed. I don't want to keep doing it. I need a permanent fix.