Myster of the Yoga 2 13 Bluetooth Speaker connection

thane108

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2014
I just did a clean install of windows 10 to my wife's Yoga 2 13. She uses a JBL bluetooth speaker.

If I reboot or wake the laptop with the speaker "on" it pairs and connects - with about a minute delay.

But if I reboot or wake the laptop with the speaker "off" - then turn it on - it shows as paired but not connected.

Likewise - if the laptop is "on" and the speaker is "on" and connected and paired - if I turn off the speaker and then later turn it on it is paired but not connected. But it will connect if I put the laptop to sleep and then turn it on (but only while the speaker is already on.

I've tried updating drivers - but am I missing some setting?

Any clues would be appreciated.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by running Windows Update and install all updates available.
- If these doesn't, do uninstall/reinstall the Bluetooth Driver of your laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Bluetooth driver.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from Lenovo's Support site.
- Here's the link:
1: http://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-13-notebook-lenovo/downloads/DS103815

2. http://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-13-notebook-lenovo/downloads/DS103817

- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- Do pair your speaker again after the reboot and see if the same problem will persist or not.

thane108

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2014
I followed the suggestions listed above - even after doing another clean install - the problems still persist.

The only "foolproof" method to get the paired JBL Charge to both pair and connect is to reboot the laptop with the speaker "on." That works every time.

Does that clue help in narrowing down the issue? Is it just that JBL Charge isn't fully compatible with Windows 10?

One additional clue - audio sink service is listed as a service for the JBL Charge, but isn't listed as an available service for the laptop. Am I missing a service?