News Mysterious Stranger Things season 4 countdown clock is ticking — what does this mean?

Apple Jackson

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Darn I was really hoping they were counting down to a crossover with the Remedy video game universe (Alan Wake, Control, Quantum Break). Seemed like the clock was an Object of Power.

Kidding, of course, but the more I think about it, they would totally fit together seamlessly. Netflix has been wanting to venture more into games, right? I mean, aside from Stranger Things, they certainly aren't committing to any passive, narrative media. Every new show is canceled before the first season releases. I think they're afraid of another hit show growing in value and, more pertinently and detrimentally, production cost. They'd much rather throw as much s*** against the wall as possible, see what sticks, and then immediately, hurriedly scrape the sticky bits off with a really sharp razor before too many notice . Repeat.

It's all about Apple TV, people. They are killing it over there. I've been singing their praises to anyone who'll listen, and I don't even own a single Apple product. They make gold in their studios and stick with it too. None of the several shows I've watched there are getting canceled, I haven't disliked a show yet, and it costs 1/4 the price of a Netflix subscription. Netflix has Stranger Things though, as proven with this thing I only found out about afterwards--it's only been like 4 years since the last season, I think, but at least I know I'll be done with the next in a Saturday afternoon, only to be forgotten by Sunday dinner. You can rest easy knowing they're milking every last drop out of that tiger king dumpster fire though. I'm just glad they canceled The OA and Archive 81 so I could get more of the black-widow, crazy-cat-lady and her flamboyant meth-mouth neighbor with all the illegal pets (who is now in prison, giving Netflix zero pause when deciding to continue the very, very complete, finished, over saga).