N5040 Please Help

ReaperBitch

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
n5040 got broken or black screen, can hear fans but then starts to beep 4 times,. before this happened i was using 2 displays and had 2 versions of windows

dustinhunt78

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014
I'm using an N5040 right now......one that I have had similar things happen. On one occasion, I had changed the boot order to boot first from USB, then from hard disk. Once I changed it back it stopped the black screen/beeping.

You may also be having hard drive problems. If you have a spare hard drive try switching it out and see if the problem is resolved.

Another possibility is that it is overheating. I have had laptops to freak out on me before because of overheating. If you think this is a possibility, make sure the computer is on a hard, flat surface that allows it to "breath" easily.

Without actually seeing the computer that's all I can think of at the moment, but those three things are definitely worth checking out.

dustinhunt78

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014
I'm using an N5040 right now......one that I have had similar things happen. On one occasion, I had changed the boot order to boot first from USB, then from hard disk. Once I changed it back it stopped the black screen/beeping stopped.

You may also be having hard drive problems. If you have a spare hard drive try switching it out and see if the problem is resolved.

Another possibility is that it is overheating. I have had laptops to freak out on me before because of overheating. If you think this is a possibility, make sure the computer is on a hard, flat surface that allows it to "breath" easily.

Without actually seeing the computer that's all I can think of at the moment, but those three things are definitely worth checking out.

dustinhunt78

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014

Actually I just screwed up and accidentally did post it twice. LOL Sorry about that. Anyway.....I hope that what I said helped you out in some way. Take care!