NA Version of iPhone 4 Finally Unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
hackers win again! why does apple try? apple just wastes their, and the hackers time. time that could have been used to fix all the other issues with the iphone 4

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
LoL I love iPhones. Finally hackers have a reason to hack Apple which in effectively target most of the cell phone market. In your face Apple fanbois.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Can someone explain to me that happened to the AT&T contract once someone unlock the phone and use it on another carrier? Wouldn't AT&T still bill monthly or request a $375 termination fee?

velocityg4

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
[citation][nom]compfreak93[/nom]"-meaning the SIM-free phones can be used with any mobile carrier the user chooses. US-based residents--up until now--were forced to purchase and import the device if they didn't want to be locked down with AT&T." does this mean you can used a cracked iphone with verizon?[/citation]

Any carrier being those that support UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)or GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz). Verizon does not, they use CDMA. But you can use T-Mobile and save a lot of money.

TMobile does not work with the iPhone's 3G so just EDGE speeds for internet. But the additional $700 a year for the equivalent basic family package from AT&T just to have 3G with a 2GB cap vs unlimited EDGE just is not worth it.

Now I'm just waiting for them to release the iOS 4 jailbreak and unlock for the 3GS old bootrom. That has never been jailbroken before, already on iOS 4, with no SHSH saved to step back to 3.1.2. I guess I should have read up on the subject more thoroughly before buying a used 3GS.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]Can someone explain to me that happened to the AT&T contract once someone unlock the phone and use it on another carrier? Wouldn't AT&T still bill monthly or request a $375 termination fee?[/citation]

If you jail break your AT&T phone in order to put it on another carrier you will still have to break your contract with AT&T or place the iPhone SIM in another device and use AT&T on that non-iPhone device.

If that's your desire it's likely a better idea to buy an unlocked phone sold outside the US. With the class action suite against Apple and AT&T for locking consumers to AT&T I'd expect the factory unlocked phone will become available in the US within a couple years.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... do Bell Canada have the same antenna issue... just ass-king...[/citation]
The antenna has nothing to do with the provider Apple put it there and it will be there whatever provider you have.

PS:It's asking.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]zaznet[/nom]If you jail break your AT&T phone in order to put it on another carrier you will still have to break your contract with AT&T or place the iPhone SIM in another device and use AT&T on that non-iPhone device.If that's your desire it's likely a better idea to buy an unlocked phone sold outside the US. With the class action suite against Apple and AT&T for locking consumers to AT&T I'd expect the factory unlocked phone will become available in the US within a couple years.[/citation]
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SpearcialEd Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 2
Jessibell Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
C Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
E Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
R Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
B Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
T Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
E Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1