Nabi 2 Bricked, got TWRP working but can't seem to load ROM to get Nabi 2 full functioning.

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
So I was given a free Nabi 2 as the person who had it was doing and update and unplugged the power or shut it off during an OTA update or that is the story they told me. Anyways when I got it, it wouldn't do a damn thing, so I used fastboot bootloader and NabiLab GUI 2015 to get TWRP 2.8.5.0 KK installed and then booted into the recovery mode on the Nabi 2. I though I had downloaded the factory image file in zip format and tried installing with no luck. I also tried about every option in Nabilab GUI 2015 and also tried the older version Nabilab GUI for flashing the stock rom. I just want the tablet to work, I personally don't care for all the nabi crap and wouldn't mind flashing a plain old Android without the kid crap, but at this point I just want it to work. I am not worried about messing it up anymore as I already can get TWRP back on it even if I mess it up. I am usually able to do this type of stuff but this time I am just stumped and know it has to be something really simple or maybe I don't have the right image files..

Solution
I got it to work by making a backup file with TWRP on my external SD card and then copying the contents of 3013stock.zip on top of it (overwriting it) and then by using TWRP to restore my "backup file". I had tried almost everything... Well my son will be happy as I am giving him it as a present..

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I got it to work by making a backup file with TWRP on my external SD card and then copying the contents of 3013stock.zip on top of it (overwriting it) and then by using TWRP to restore my "backup file". I had tried almost everything... Well my son will be happy as I am giving him it as a present..

Solution