Nano Mill Powers Motor With Beams of Light

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]AMDnoob[/nom]is anybody else slightly disturbed by the prospect of literally toying with the instructions for life? I don't mean on the ethical side (it doesn't appear to violate anything to me). It's just so, so strange. Like just sit at your desk and think for a minute, we're physically manipulating the instructions for a living organism. We are playing with micro biology that nobody thought could have been remotely possible. We're altering the very makeup of life... it's just so hard to comprehend honestly.[/citation]

No it isn't. You make it sound like we're not machines. We're nothing more than energy in motion, but tell that to the general populace who appear to believe that we're some sort of demi-gods. We're made of water, sunlight, and soil. Dirt can be transformed into gases, which can be burned into heat and light. The universe (nature) still has extraordinary power that we cannot recreate or master (ever built a sun?

So yeah, we're energy in motion. We eat plants which get most of their growth from sunlight and our thoughts are nothing more than results to stimuli. Much the same way our heart beat is nothing more than electricity and muscle.

jezzarisky

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Swastikas can go either direction, however the swastika used by Nazi Germany was the mirror opposite. But don't worry, most of those comments pretty well reflect my first thoughts as well :)

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]jezzarisky[/nom]Swastikas can go either direction, however the swastika used by Nazi Germany was the mirror opposite. But don't worry, most of those comments pretty well reflect my first thoughts as well[/citation]http://questgarden.com/72/92/5/081110175816/images/swastika.png

Status
Not open for further replies.