NASA and GM Introduce a New Space Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

did I miss something? when did GM become a leader in robotics?

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]sean_gm_huh[/nom]did I miss something? when did GM become a leader in robotics?[/citation]
Yup. You'd think they'd pick up Toyota as a partner over GM.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]sean_gm_huh[/nom]did I miss something? when did GM become a leader in robotics?[/citation]

I dont know but this sets up an epic battle between Honda's robot and GM's! Itll be like Voltron all over again!

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Yup. You'd think they'd pick up Toyota as a partner over GM.[/citation]

I think not. In light of Toyota's recent issues with products that don't stop and go when they are supposed to I don't really think they would have been any better.

They aren't magically better... That honeymoon is over: if you use cheap parts your shit will break, regardless of whether you are a Japanese or American company (and of course, both do it). However the last thing you could accuse NASA of being is cheap. They spend millions on space pens, Russians take pencils. :) So I don't think the engineering partner really matters.

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]homrqt[/nom]wait... R2? Will there be a version D2?[/citation]
Yea thats the bottom half they haven't made yet. "D2" would mean he's Asian tho. (for teh idiots "D.ick 2. inches")

wayneepalmer

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Two thoughts...

1) Given its made by GM , how long it will be until someone modifies its software to convince it to demand union representation?

2) NASA's James Hansen will be delighted ... since they've made worker that doesn't produce CO2 there's no need to keep most of humanity alive to provide services for the elites.

Status
Not open for further replies.