Native Resolution for new laptop makes some programs small

User45

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015
Hello, I recently got an MSI GE70 Apache Pro Laptop, which has a 17.3" screen, the same as my old laptop.
Its native resolution is 1920 x 1080, whereas my old laptop is 1600 x 900. This higher resolution makes things on many programs, such as steam and google chrome, much smaller and harder to see. I have tried changing the sizing option, and it does not help with these. I have also tried decreasing the resolution to 1600 x 900, which makes everything look like it did on my old laptop (at a readable/see-able size). However, it makes a lot of things blurry, not like it is on my old laptop. I have used ClearType text to make the text slightly less blurry, but it only helped slightly, and other stuff is still somewhat blurry.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to either make programs appear bigger at the native resolution, or how to make the lower resolution less blurry?

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

User45

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015

If I understand what you are saying, I have already tried that. It by default went to 125% on the higher resolution (it doesnt let me choose 120), and making it larger than that doesn't help the problem much and makes things like icons way too large. On the lower resolution, it just makes stuff that is already big enough even bigger, and the blurryness problem does not go away.

Edit: I should mention that in the native resolution, desktop icons and the task bar are a good size at 120%, it is just stuff on the programs like I mentioned that is too small.

ak47jar3d

Estimable
If I understand what you are saying, I have already tried that. It by default went to 125% on the higher resolution (it doesnt let me choose 120), and making it larger than that doesn't help the problem much and makes things like icons way too large. On the lower resolution, it just makes stuff that is already big enough even bigger, and the blurryness problem does not go away.

Well that the only option you really have in windows for scaling and lowering the resolution won't help as reducing pixels will make screen seem blurrer.