NBC.com Was Infected; Facebook, Google Blocked Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Patch a hole...They find another.Patch that hole...They find another.A very serious game of whack-a-mole...[/citation]

reminds me more of the Department Of Trasportation. adobe/oracle can't ever do anything right the first time.

anon has been helping the commies in retaliation for the USA's involvement in TPPA

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]And I'll say it again, listen to your IT departments.....[/citation]

That's assuming you staffed your IT department with competent folks:

http://serverfault.com/questions/293217/our-security-auditor-is-an-idiot-how-do-i-give-him-the-information-he-wants

The "security auditor" said this:

"Strong cryptography only means the passwords must be encrypted while the user is inputting them but then they should be moved to a recoverable format for later use."

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
I see increased IT and security budgets in the future.... all good stuff for the IT job market. These type of events all raise questions about outsourcing development and security as well.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
java is just so... bad why do people still use it X.x at work i have to have it installed but on my home pc it is blisfully absent i get requested to install it often and every time decline, if your site requres java then i don't need to see what is on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.