Need a good Mp3 trimmer

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i finally got around to trimming some of those mp3's i got that have a lot of silence at the end and other such nonsense.

problem is the program i grabbed to do it only supports files of 10 mb or smaller unless paid for. i have tried a couple others and hate the freeware run around with sad attempts at bloatware and limited functions unless paid versions.

anyone know of a free yet fully functional mp3 trimmer i can use that will let me skip the runaround? i could keep trying but so far 3 strikes and i'm out so will rely on some others who could point me in the right direction. again hoping for someone who has actually used what they are suggesting and knows it is not limited or full of bloatware.

thanks

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
that sure looks like a heck of an in depth program. i'll give it a try and see if i can swim through all those options and complete a simple trim :)

thanks for the idea. still open to other options if anyone else has a suggestion. i'm not above playing with programs to see if it meets my needs.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
thanks for the ideas. mptrim is one i already had. easy to use but it limits the file size to 10 mb unless you pay.

the others only work with silence at the start and end of file and not the middle like i wish to trim out. (think last song with 10 mins of silence before a "hidden" track)

thanks anyway. managed to work audacity pretty easily once i got the lame codec installed. think i'll stick with that one.