Need a Job? Cyberthieves are Hiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Now, how would I get into the main server room and upload this at my local uni without getting caught?
Or maybe just company computers? I make my company $2,500 a day, and yet only make ~$100 a day myself... no remorse.

xaira

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Now, how would I get into the main server room and upload this at my local uni without getting caught?Or maybe just company computers? I make my company $2,500 a day, and yet only make ~$100 a day myself... no remorse.[/citation]

Im guessing you dont take any of the risk or have the capital that ur company does, so take ur $100 like a good little employee.

omnishru

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]xaira[/nom]Im guessing you dont take any of the risk or have the capital that ur company does, so take ur $100 like a good little employee.[/citation]

Low blow... Good job.

jisamaniac

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Correction Kevin, it's Merman not Mermaid man though SpongeBob SquarePants decides to call him Mermaid Man. It goes to show the ignorance of television writers, and I believe this term to be grossly offensive to the Mer-community.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Now, how would I get into the main server room and upload this at my local uni without getting caught?Or maybe just company computers? I make my company $2,500 a day, and yet only make ~$100 a day myself... no remorse.[/citation]

You work at a univ IS dept and make $100 a day? You in janitorial or something?

SlicerX

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
[citation][nom]jgiron[/nom]so this is how you Tom's makes their money?Man I should have though it![/citation]

^lol

tim851

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]xaira[/nom]Im guessing you dont take any of the risk or have the capital that ur company does, so take ur $100 like a good little employee.[/citation]

Not that I think he should get more than his 100$ a day, but what "risk" is the company taking? It's a company, if his boss isn't an idiot, he's not liable. So the risk for his boss is that when the company goes bancrupt, he loses his job. That's exactly the same risk as all of his employees have.

TemjinGold

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Not that I think he should get more than his 100$ a day, but what "risk" is the company taking? It's a company, if his boss isn't an idiot, he's not liable. So the risk for his boss is that when the company goes bancrupt, he loses his job. That's exactly the same risk as all of his employees have.

His boss isn't raking in the $2500/day either...

crbriand

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
I'm sure with the current economic situation you will find anyone needing money desperately to join these types of companies, so long as they have a semi clue what they are doing. I think a new bill for Obama should be to hire these people and have them spam the spammers, and they should be paid more that 100/day :)

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008

Here is the actual text from an email sent out to all employees in our facility.

"The Logan facility has had a good year in meeting our financial commitments to the organization. We are on track to exceed our budget commitments on top lines sales and bottom line profits. From a programming revenue standpoint, we will finish the year with well over $5MM in billable charges at a 34% profit margin. These are great numbers...more than we've ever billed in a calendar year for programming and composition.

As an acknowledgement of your hard work, we will be having jeans week(s) as we head toward the holidays and prepare for our January peak. From December 21 through the end of the year, jeans are acceptable. We will transition back to business casual in January.

Thank you for your work and efforts this year."

This after they said the economy is bad, nobody is getting raises, and ALL of our benefits except our crappy insurance have been TOTALLY eliminated. This was exactly the bonus/reward we were all looking for after working our asses off all year long and exceeding the company's expectations.

Its no wonder people turn to this kind of income to stick it to the man/company.

G

xaira: Im guessing you dont take any of the risk or have the capital that ur company does, so take ur $100 like a good little employee.

It is companies that take your same attitude towards employees that causes employees like anamaniac want to unleash malware throughout his company. Employees are the ones who do the work that has to be done and keep companies afloat. Employees buffer all the risks any company takes -under threat of being fired- by completing the work assigned to them. Anyways, that 'risk' argument in today's business environment is null and void. Today company assets are separate from the assets of their owners. A business owner can bankrupt their business without losing their own property or ruining their credit. If an employee can't afford to pay their bills and goes bankrupt, their credit is ruined for many years. That is why companies now-a-days can grow into multi-billion dollar conglomerates privy to government bailouts (ie: taxpayer money) because there is little risk - The rules and laws have changed over the years, usually by lobbying\bribing corrupt law makers, and are now in their favor. There is now more risk in being an employee, really! The result? Employees are now feeling depressed and angry at the whole situation, especially in the current economy, and are reaching the point of taking action - if they are paid nothing they have nothing and they have nothing to loose. Maybe this could explain the situation between Samsung and the employees who stole their technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.