Need a laptop for AutoDesk Inventor and Video Editing on the go.

jpsulisz

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a laptop to the task for 3D Modeling and Video Editing, however this laptop has to be small. I've owned a 15 inch laptop before and couldn't carry it around as it couldn't fit in my bag, 13 inches are better but I still have trouble. Im looking for a 12-11 inch laptop that can handle the job.

Things that are important:
Screen size (under 12 inches)
Ports
Must be a laptop, not a 2 in 1
Price (Under $1000)

I've been looking at Lenovo's line up of computers and found the Lenovo X250
Lenovo X250 Page

The lenovo you have mentioned is ok for entry level 3d modelling and video editing but I wouldn't recommend it. The main reason is that you will stuggle to model or to use video editing software on a small screen. Also the laptop is not really made for that sort of thing. For video editing you maybe able to get away with it but for serious 3d and video editing, a discrete card is needed. I don't think there are any laptops that are 11 - 12 inches with a discrete graphics card.

jpsulisz

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

Sadly that is true, the only 11 inch laptop I can think of that has discrete graphics was the Alienware m11x from a couple years ago, but that is now discontinued. The laptop I own now, Acer E3-111, can do single part files for Inventor and do editing but the rendering takes far to much time and assembly files tend to freeze will working on it. Also, I love the small screen, while it would be nice to have a 15-17 inch for editing videos and for 3d modeling I find it to not be a problem on a smaller screen, I usually hook up my laptop to a display if im going somewhere too if it is really needed.