Need a laptop for video editing ASAP, maybe some gaming, under 1000 pounds

Aurelija1

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
So recently I destroyed my old laptop and I am looking for a replacement. It would be mainly used to run programs like Adobe Premier, After Effects and some other video and sound editing software. Later in the future it might be used for some light gaming but that is not my priority now.

I would like to keep the price around 800 pounds but I could stretch to a 1000. I am just not sure if I need all the fancy stuff and superb specifications. Just need to run the software that I am using smoothly and without hiccups. Good screen would be a big plus. Battery life doesn't matter much.

The ones that I was looking at :

MSI GE70 2PL-218UK APACHE 17.3 I7 W8.1

ASUS G551JM-DM197H

Lenovo Y50 -70

ACER V Nitro Black Edition with intel i7

Any help would be much appreciated.

Aurelija1

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
the only thing with Lenovo one is that I found quite a few bad comments about the screen. Since I'm gonna be editing pictures and video, good picture quality is important for me. Don' know much about asus though.

Tradesman1

Honorable
That's one reason I mentioned durability, I like and want high performance, but all my rigs and computers get used heavily, by me, employees, clients, family and friends and have given up on HP, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, Compaq and others. As far as GB if they had a bigger presents in the laptop world I might pick one up and take a look (though it would be a lower to midrange one). I'm sure sooner or later GB will get brought up by someone wanting one for one reason or another if and as they expand their line of laptops, until then I'm not going to jump into one (still have a few of the above mentioned brands laying around for basic loaners

Aurelija1

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
Any thoughts on MSI? Cause that is probably what I'm gonna have to go for due to the fact that I need it fast and I can get the asus one delivered only in a month.