Need a mic to go with M50x (not the zalman)

GeorgeLouis217

Estimable
Jul 7, 2015
I'm looking at getting a pair of M50x headphones for gaming, and need a mic to go with it. I'm wanting just a simple cheap mic to talk to friends over skype without having my keyboard blaring too loud in their ears. I had the Zalman Zm mic before and my keyboard was super loud when I was trying to talk to friends. Not sure if there is a better option for me or if I have to go with the Zalman again. Thanks in advance

Solution
while i love my pair of m50's (m50x is a new version of them) do realize that they have a VERY small soundstage which makes them not really the best pick for gaming. the m50's good points are that it has good sound quality for the price, mildy bassy and warm output and are built like tanks. the bad points are soundstage (positional audio) and that they are not good for people with large ears due to the smaller earcups.

the dt770 is better overall if you wanted to stay closed for sound isolation (though open cans are better for soundstage and positional audio) as they beat the m50x on all fronts and have a bigger soundstage despite being closed cans. not as good as open, but great for closed.

the modmic is an excellent mic to use for...
while i love my pair of m50's (m50x is a new version of them) do realize that they have a VERY small soundstage which makes them not really the best pick for gaming. the m50's good points are that it has good sound quality for the price, mildy bassy and warm output and are built like tanks. the bad points are soundstage (positional audio) and that they are not good for people with large ears due to the smaller earcups.

the dt770 is better overall if you wanted to stay closed for sound isolation (though open cans are better for soundstage and positional audio) as they beat the m50x on all fronts and have a bigger soundstage despite being closed cans. not as good as open, but great for closed.

the modmic is an excellent mic to use for headphones. if that is too expensive then perhaps the moovmic though i cant give you much info on that model. the zalman zm-1 is known to pick up almost everything though if you lower gain and tweak settings you might be able to avoid the majority of it.

Solution