Solved! Need a new computer, but I need help deciding.

youknowmeasjp

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Well I was planning on building a desktop for gaming but realized that I am on the go a lot, and I don't really like sitting at my desk for really long periods of time.. So I thought hey maybe I should just get a new laptop, but this is where my problem comes in.. My budget is about 1200$ same cost as it would be to build my desktop. But I really want the portability And mobile gaming of a laptop. So down to what I have come to, I have found interest in the m11x and the m14x but idk which to get. I play pretty much everything game wise, and as long as it can run games as smooth and look as good as my Xboxs' graphics I will be happy. So please help me out.

Solution
lol, well it won't be hard to beat the graphics on an xBox or x360.
Any laptop with a quad core processor (which I believe in laptops is an i7, and the i5s are duel cores), and a dedicated GPU, and you will be fine. Anything after that is your preference of screen size vs battery life.

Personally I have gone the route of having a nice desktop, paired with a cheap netbook. I could NEVER spend more than $500 on something that can walk away as quickly as a laptop. Netbooks are fine for what I do when out and about, and I never need worry about anyone taking it because the thing looks so unassuming. Perhaps you need more kick when away from home, in which case the netbook would not do the trick, but it is at least something to look into.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
lol, well it won't be hard to beat the graphics on an xBox or x360.
Any laptop with a quad core processor (which I believe in laptops is an i7, and the i5s are duel cores), and a dedicated GPU, and you will be fine. Anything after that is your preference of screen size vs battery life.

Personally I have gone the route of having a nice desktop, paired with a cheap netbook. I could NEVER spend more than $500 on something that can walk away as quickly as a laptop. Netbooks are fine for what I do when out and about, and I never need worry about anyone taking it because the thing looks so unassuming. Perhaps you need more kick when away from home, in which case the netbook would not do the trick, but it is at least something to look into.

Solution