Need a new laptop

ShameGame

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014
I have just started college and I am in need of of my laptop to take care of my gaming needs.

I have sorted out two laptops and don't know which will perform better.
I have no preferences among the two that I am stating below.

I. Lenovo y50
link- http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=252033984639&Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y50-i7-4720HQ-FHD-IPS-8GB-1TB-8GB-SSHD-GTX960M-Gaming-Laptop

II. Asus ROG GL552
link-http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=121656115178&Asus-15-6-HD-Gaming-Notebook-i7-4720HQ-12GB-DDR3-750GB-HDD-Nvidia-GTX950M-GL551

The main difference between them is the ram 12 gb in asus and 8 gb in lenovo. And the graphic card which is a gtx 960m in lenovo with 2gb and a gtx 950m in asus.

I just need my games to run smoothly and look good.

The games which I will be playing are
gta v
Fifa 16
Assasins creed syndicate
cod multiplayer
battlefield 4

I am also open to suggestions on other laptops within this range.

Thank you in advance for helping me.

Solution
I personally value reliability over specs. This is why I recommended the asus over the lenovo. As you are a gamer that wants something portable I would go for either asus or msi.

IInuyasha74

Honorable
I would go with the Lenovo system. I don't think that you really need more than 8GB of RAM. I've done a lot of testing with RAM in my personal systems, and 8GB is enough for everything I have seen really. The GPU is also better, so your game performance will be a bit better, and it has a SSHD. Not only does it have a bit more storage space, but the SSHD will help the system boot faster and some programs you frequently use like a web browser or word document will often load faster.

It is true that spec wise the lenovo would win but I would recommend asus as they have a better screen and cooling than the lenovo. I have heard that the lenovo has some screen issues and that its cooling is not good. This means that the cpu and gpu are most likely to throttle when the temps get high.

ShameGame

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014

Is it true that the screen of lenovo is not of good quality.

And what about the 860m version with 4gb of graphics memory.
Will it perform better?

PS: sorry for replying late the site did not notify me about the answer through mail.

ShameGame

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014

Is it because lenovo has just 1 fan.
because lenovo has 1 fan for cpu and a seperate 1 for the graphics card.

And its a laptop so i think whatever I buy its going to get hot while while gaming.
Will it be better if i compensate performance for a little better monitor?

PS: Sorry for replying late the website did not notify me through mail.

I think both laptops have that setup but the asus does it better. I don't know how but they seem to make their rog series very good at gaming whether you buy the thin or bulky versions.

I am not sure what you mean by sacrificing performance for a better monitor though. They are both laptops so their screens are integrated.

ShameGame

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014
Well what I meant was as u said that the screen in the lenovo has some problems and that's why u recommended the asus one but the asus one has a 950m whereas the lenovo has the 960m. This is what I meant to say

ShameGame

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014
Yeah I think about the cooling. I mean what is the problem with the cooling the thing just has two fans and I suppose If I play games then I would need a cooling pad whatsoever. Isn't it?

Both have a dual setup but the one in the asus is better due to its chassis. Asus makes laptops that are specific for gaming in their rorg series which means that the not only does the laptop stay cooler but the components are not as affected as the lenovos.

Yes it is true you can just buy a cooling pad to get rid of this issue but remember that lenovos make mainly business laptops and some multimedia laptops.