Need a work-around for TV with no headphone input

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014
help%203.jpg
Searched long and hard to find a forum that looks good, and found you guys. I have the following television:

Sanyo DP32242 HDMI LED 720 P 60HZ

I will attach a photo of the connections it "does" have, and I am hoping someone can tell me what adapter I might be able to buy, and headphones?

I know there is a way, but I need help finding it. Of course I could be wrong;) I used to use a wireless headset "with" my laptop. I got tired of moving my laptop in and out just to watch programs so I bought a Roku 2. It does not have any input for a headset either. Although there is an open ISB port. I don't know if that could be used??

So here is the photo of the connections/back of my TV:

PS Thank you in advance for any info anyone might have for me:) denise
help%202.jpg

All of these connections are "inputs" - antenna, component/composite, and HDMI. Headphone jacks on TVs are usually around the edge, not on the back. Check with your TV' manual.

Your other option would be to get a device called "HDMI audio extractor", to plug it between ROKU and the TV. This device will provide ordinary 3.5mm audio output.

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

My HDMI slot is being used to connect Roku to the TV. Will I need some sort of splitter? What is "ordinary" 3.5 mm audio? The new TVs, or maybe it's the movies, but the audio is up and down. So I find myself having to almost continuosly adjust the volume so's not to disturb my neighbors, but still be able to hear the dang thing, LOL!

Headphones with a volume control work excellent, no need buying any headphones unless they have a volume control, not for me anyway. Thank you for your help, I am grateful already that there may be a way:) denise

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Ok, I will take a look now at your link, thanks for helping me, I am really hoping to find some things I might be able to go pick up today. I'm tired of missing so much by not being able to hear well enough;) denise

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

bitwright

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
Most TVs have an Audio Out connection, usually in the form of a Digital toslink or coaxial cable connection. According to Amazon, your TV should have coaxial digital audio output on the back. If it is not labeled as "Audio Out" it may be labled as "S/PDIF Out".

You will need to connect a converter like the one alexoiu recommended. Connect the coaxial Audio Out on your TV to the coaxial input on the converter. Then connect your headphones to the headphone out on the converter.

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Ok, I got it, thanks to all of your help. Is there a "reputation" option so I can comment on the great help I've gotten here? Sure appreciate it, and will let you guys know how it comes out for me, I'm sure it will be fine!! Denise

bitwright

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014

To the right of each post you'll see a number and some up and down arrows, which let you up/down vote that post. You should also be able to pick a single post as the solution to your problem. Tom's gives out badges to user whose posts get picked as a solution, so it's nice to do so if someone helped you out.

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014
Wow, hope I don't need to spend a 100 bucks on a good set of headphones. I've decided to order all I need from Amazon. I see some headphones but I think it's really personal preference, or maybe how big my head is, LOL!!

Thanks again you guys;)