Need advice on choosing between four Dell laptops?

Sep 26, 2018
Hello. I'm currently happily running a 9-year-old Dell studio 1749 laptop with eight gigs of RAM, and a Crucial SSD. Unfortunately, with Windows 7 reaching end-of-life next January, I need to invest in a new Windows 10 laptop. I'm hoping to get another Dell and get similar longevity from it. I know I want at least 16 GB of RAM and a 17 inch screen. I've also discovered that it's more cost-effective to get a dell with a spinning drive and swap it for a compatible crucial MX500. Given these Specs, I've narrowed it down to four models. If I don't care about the two in one functionality of the 7000 series, is it worth going down that route for the increased quality of the other components? ( better graphics card and eighth generation CPU ) Also, why is the 5000 series model with more RAM cheaper than the one with less RAM?
Here's a link to the four models are considering.
https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/compare?ocs=cai1772n1w10pc28,cai175w10pc22446c,cai1772n1w10pc2008bp,cai175w10p2507bp

P.S. I don't intend to use it for gaming, but I do run a lot of assistive-technology. A typical workflow might include Dragon NaturallySpeaking, combined with Python based extensions, Kurzweil 3000, ZoomText, a large Word document or Excel file, and a web browser, all running at once.
Any advice and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mich90918 Laptop General Discussion 0
K Laptop General Discussion 0
J Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 5
A Laptop General Discussion 2
N Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 3
F Laptop General Discussion 5
Rafael10 Laptop General Discussion 6
J Laptop General Discussion 2