Need advice on headphone upgrade. Help?

mrpony48

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
Hi, I was thinking about upgrading my headphones but don't really know what to buy or even if it's worth upgrading. At the moment i have the COWIN E7 headset. I will mainly use the headphones for PC gaming but I also would like to have good quality for videos, music and stuff like that. Anything under £50 will be fine but I can stretch to around 70-80ish if necessary. (Use a USB desktop mic so I don't need in built mic in the headphones)

Rdslw

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
Status Audio CB-1 Over-Ear Headphones if you dont need mic
SteelSeries Siberia 840 -> my friend use those and he is always happy. Not sure if 5.1 or 7.1 headphones are nessesary for causal gaming

D

Deleted member 217926

The CB 1s are rated very well for sound quality but build quality isn't very good. It's a solid choice at that price though. The Philips SHP9500 are another solid contender. Not sure about price or availability in the UK but they are $50 at newegg.

I'd advise against 'multichannel gaming' headsets or headphones.

mrpony48

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mrpony48 : "Headphone upgrade. Help?"

so I've been wanting to upgrade my headphones for a while but not sure if it is worth it. I have the COWIN E7 headset at the moment and was looking at the Superlux HD668B and the Logitech G430 as upgrade contenders. (I USe a usb Mic So No Need For inbuilt Mic.

So Is it worth upgrading in the first place?

And if so Superlu x HD668B V.S. Logitech G430?

Also if You Have Any Other Ideas Please Let Me Know.

mrpony48

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mrpony48 : "Umm.... Headphone advice please?"

so I've been wanting to upgrade my headphones for a while but not sure if it is worth it. I have the COWIN E7 headset at the moment and was looking at the Superlux HD668B and the Logitech G430 as upgrade contenders. (I USe a usb Mic So No Need For inbuilt Mic.

So Is it worth upgrading in the first place?

And if so Superlu x HD668B V.S. Logitech G430?

Also if You Have Any Other Ideas Please Let Me Know.

D

Deleted member 217926

MERGED QUESTION
Question from mrpony48 : "Looking for advice on headphone upgrade."