Need Buying Advice for Asus K401 or X302

tsalkonusa

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new laptop and my primary target currently goes down to Asus laptop: K401 and X302.

For K401, it has spec i5-5200u, 4gb ddr3l, nvidia 940m 2gb vram, and 14" fhd display, weight around 1.7kg

While X302 has a newer i5-6200u it still going with nvidia 920m 2gb vram, 4gb ddr3l, and 13.3" hd display. weight slightly lighter than k401.

I'll mostly using it for programming (.net, java, and php), a bit graphic design job here and there with corel and photoshop, occasional gaming (pes and fm), and the rest is just watching film or surf the net with 30 tabs on the same time. Ah, i also need to run some VM while working ;)

The reason i mention weight is because i'm working mobile so i don't want my laptop give me back pain like my current one :)

I notice that x302 had advantages in cpu aspect, while k401 give me a better multimedia experience (i think fhd will help me with to get more LoC and bigger display view when doing some design).

Any advice is greatly appreciated. But don't bother to give any other brand since it might difficult to be found in my country :p

Solution
for your needs the x302 is the way to go.
its faster in rendering and coding due the newer processor.
however in gaming it will underpeform to the 401 a bit due the lower graphics card.

superninja12

Estimable
Herald
May 18, 2015
for your needs the x302 is the way to go.
its faster in rendering and coding due the newer processor.
however in gaming it will underpeform to the 401 a bit due the lower graphics card.

Solution