Need Cheap Gaming Laptop

M a K o

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
I'm looking to replace my old desktop with a new laptop that I'm looking to mostly game on. I've been looking around and quite like the HP Pavilion DV6-3046SA

Here is the laptop.

Here are the specs.

1: What is your budget?
€800 preferably.

2: What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Anywhere between 15 and 17"

3: What screen resolution do you want?
No particular preference.

4: Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
It's basically going to be used as a portable desktop.

5: How much battery life do you need?
Doesn't really matter, will rarely be unplugged.

6: Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Obviously on my budget I won't be playing the best of games on High but I'd like to play things like Starcraft 2 on decent settings.

7: What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Mostly surfing, watching movies, programming and photoshop.

8: How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
The bigger the better. 300GB+ is fine.

9: If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Preferably in the UK or Ireland.

10: How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Give or take 3 years.

11What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
No real need for Blu-ray. DVD should be fine.

12: Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Again no real preference but I have heard good things about Asus and HP.

13:What country do you live in?
Ireland

lowriderflow

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Check out an ASUS g72gx. Come in various configurations... but I recently saw them on Newegg with P8700 core 2 duo, 6gb RAM, GTX 260 gpu, 500gb HD, 17". On top of solid hardware, they have the best keyboard and laptop cooling around. I have one, love it to death. Playing SC2 on high settings with no problems

M a K o

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
I couldn't really find a G72GX in Europe online but I can imagine they would be selling for extortionate money. The G73JH sells for about €2000 here. Is the laptop I linked any good or could I do better for the same money?