Need crucial help deciding on video editing/mild gaming laptop!

swasilik

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
So when I go back to school, I want to get into running a gaming channel as a hobby so I need a laptop (thinking of going laptop over PC for now) that runs video editing software (premier pro) and runs smoothly with capture devices such as an elgato. Streaming on twitch is also something I'm considering but right now just basic gaming channel videos. For some specs im looking for, all I know for sure is that I want an i7 quad core CPU and 1080p display. My budget is around $1300 but I'm willing to pay upwards to 1500 if what I'm getting is absolutely worth it for the extra $$.

The laptop itself wont be used for heavy gaming, just small time older games from time to time such as red alert (Im old fashioned I know)

I will also consider a Mac if that would be my best bet but im undecided right now, so any help would be great :)

swasilik

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015

Thank you for the reply! I did some research in that laptop and the specs were pretty impressive although it seems like quite a few people have had problems with that computer. I'll keep doing my research though! I've also heard that Asus ROGs are very good

I would recommend an asus rog series as they are very good for gaming. You could look into the msi ge series, or a barebone laptop like clevo. You could look into the asus ux 501. It may have a weaker gpu than the above laptops but red alert is not a demanding game so it shouldn't be that difficult to record and play the game.