Need diagram of connections for external speakers to Samsung 24" TV Model:UN24H4000AF

Feb 10, 2018
Need to figure out what kind of connection and specifically if and how external speakers might be connected to this TV. Diagrams of the ports / connections would also be helpful Thank You

Solution
I don't think a diagram is needed.
After you remove the back of the TV you should see two wires going to each TV speaker. Each external speaker would connect the same as the internal ones. You could just disconnect the internal speakers and extend the wires through a hold in the back of the TV to your speakers. You could install speaker terminals or a headphone jack on the back of the TV. It's mostly a matter of the layout of the TV where and how you do it.
A switch could be installed to chose whether you use the internal or external speakers.
You would use passive speakers that could be driven by the TV amps or connect a speaker to line level converter than would let you use active speakers.
Feb 10, 2018
I would prolly like to get some inexpensive speakers but not sure if can use or what kind of connectivity.... I have some usb speakers for my comp which apparently are not compatible. (The "usb" connection is maybe ONLY for "input" of devices?) There seems to be an "odd" shaped port on the back of the TV that may be for speaker connection but I have never seen a port/connection like it before.

I don't think a diagram is needed.
After you remove the back of the TV you should see two wires going to each TV speaker. Each external speaker would connect the same as the internal ones. You could just disconnect the internal speakers and extend the wires through a hold in the back of the TV to your speakers. You could install speaker terminals or a headphone jack on the back of the TV. It's mostly a matter of the layout of the TV where and how you do it.
A switch could be installed to chose whether you use the internal or external speakers.
You would use passive speakers that could be driven by the TV amps or connect a speaker to line level converter than would let you use active speakers.

Solution
@Americanaudiophile proposal requires a surgery of your TV, apart from speakers you don't have. Your TV has, however, an optical output (I suppose this is what you describe as "odd shaped"), so a sound bar with optical input will work with your TV.

USB speakers are computer-only, I doubt that your TV will recognize them.