Need Elitebook 8440p driver set for windows 10.

mvscal

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
Where can I find a complete set of drivers for win 10 to run correctly on an Elitebook 8440p. HP site does not recommend win10 and various driver combinations have only slowed it down. This laptop is a refurbished by AST systems and sold by the $ first people at Fry's. If none available it will become a rowboat anchor or something else useful. I have taken it to Fry's and got the same answer given when they installed a stereo and managed to move heat gauge needle behind the cold engine stop, "No we didn't and not our problem." That one cost them a customer not that they care. Thanks for any thoughts and/or driver locations. I've also checked Intel as it has their CPU and display chips.

Solution
It's an old laptop from 2010. HP definitely would not have any updated drivers for Windows 10. If Windows 10 do not have drivers for the various components in your laptop, then you are pretty much out of luck.

I upgraded my old 2011 Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 laptop to Windows 10 and lost Bluetooth functionality.
It's an old laptop from 2010. HP definitely would not have any updated drivers for Windows 10. If Windows 10 do not have drivers for the various components in your laptop, then you are pretty much out of luck.

I upgraded my old 2011 Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 laptop to Windows 10 and lost Bluetooth functionality.

Solution

mvscal

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018

My Lenovo and homebrew desktop were knocked out by a tree going through power line after the meter to a barn. I'm still confused how in the 'hail' that happened. It shouldn't have as some cousins who work/worked for PGE many years agree. Cool nick of an awesome cat:) Dad had an XK150 and I baked my XJ6. In penance I bought a 98 Rover Discovery and other than a fuel pump it has been awesome. Way more comfortable and rides so much better than a jeep. I'm sure glad automobiles don't have the half life that computers tend to live under. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only person win10 has hosed bits and pieces. Side note HP local silicon valley ranch is next door to ours. Pretty much good neighbors.