need fellow gamer's opinions on headphones and sound cards.

Davycrocket

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
Hello friends, I recently upgraded to my first decent computer and honestly have upgraded every single thing from the computer to the the desk it sits on to the chair I sit in.

The last thing I am looking for is a good pair of headphones. I have used headsets pretty much my entire life and want to try a good pair of headphones. The headphones HAVE to have ear cups like the Astro a 40s have. (i live in the south and pleather ear cups get kinda hot in the summer).

What goes well with a pair of good headphones? A good sound card! Now I have never owned a sound card. I assume you install it like a video card? My mobo is the Asus Z87 plus if you need to know for compatibility?

So yeah I'm looking for your opinion on sound cards and headphones. I game, listen to a lot of music and watch movies. Money isn't a issue but with that being said I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money just to spend it. Kinda like when buying video cards the higher up the cost the less bang for your buck? I guess 500 would be tops for the combo.

Thx for the read and have a good day.

Davycrocket

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014

Hmm are these the same or better then sound cards? A amp like this definitely seems possible. Off anyone has used this amp would you toss in your opinion? Is this amp loud etc?