Will Danaher

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
Hello, looking to get a new gaming head set, i have £350 pound budget, i am thinking about astro a50 2nd gen/ steelseries wireless H/ Mad catz F.R.E.Q 9/sennhiser 363D

any info on experience you have with these will be much appreciated.

Solution
Do you have a good sound card/ sound source? The G4ME ONE would actually beat the ZERO in gaming with its open back, if you have a good sound card/ sound source the G4ME ONE is worth it, if you dont, the 363D will be your be the sound card/ sound source also. If your really looking for the best headphones + external mic will destroy headsets in sound quality and mic quality.

If your still into headsets go with a Sennheiser or Steelseries H

BlueFireZ

Estimable
I would say all the headsets you listed are great except for the Mad Catz, there not very good with headsets. Though Im surprised that you didnt mention the Sennheiser G4ME ONE and G4ME ZERO, you should definitely add those to your list. In my opinion I would go with one of the Sennhsiers or the Steelseries H, I dont know but I have a edge for them, but the Sennheisers will beat the others with sound quality.

Hope this helps!

Will Danaher

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015

thanks for the info!!! and i didnt add them because i am looking for the BEST so basically money is no object here and in tech you get what you pay for 99% of the time!

BlueFireZ

Estimable
Do you have a good sound card/ sound source? The G4ME ONE would actually beat the ZERO in gaming with its open back, if you have a good sound card/ sound source the G4ME ONE is worth it, if you dont, the 363D will be your be the sound card/ sound source also. If your really looking for the best headphones + external mic will destroy headsets in sound quality and mic quality.

If your still into headsets go with a Sennheiser or Steelseries H

Solution